I have an xml document with a node that contains HTML such as this:
When I feed this XML to the grid, the content is correctly displayed and the word "World" is in bold which is great. Of course, this is only a very simplistic example, in reality, the description contains elaborate HTML which may or may not be XHTML compliant and which may sometimes be extremely long.
I have observed four problems:
1) sometimes the browser (I am only testing with IE) will crash
2) sometimes the content of some rows will move one pixel up or down when I hover my mouse over the row.
3) tooltips are not good at displaying HTML, they will display the "raw" HTML including the "<" and ">" symbols.
4) tooltips do no like certain combination of characters and will truncate the text if they encounter certain combinations.
I am guessing that issue #1 is caused by the amount of HTML in one node and/or the total size of the XML. I have not been able to prove what the cause of this issue is but I know that if I remove the "description" node from the input XML, everything is fine.
Issue number two is probably caused by a conflict between some HTML in the "description" and CSS in the grid but once again I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact source. However I do know that this weird behavior goes away when I remove the "description" column from the grid.
Issues 3 and 4 appear to be limitations with tooltips that I must live with.
Anyway, I was just curious to hear if anybody else has seen these issues and if they found a solution. I am currently considering attempting to remove all HTML tags from the source. Please let mek now if anybody has comments of suggestions.
Monday, October 25, 2004
just got the <B> tags showing. What I'd like to see is an html editor that collapses tags like xml. This would pin point nesting component html page objects. Easier editting.
Tuesday, October 26, 2004
you may try to use Active.Templates.Item instead of the default cell template (Active.Templates.Text) though I am not sure where the actual problem is.